I love to smudge my house ~ I’m a firm believer in smudging my house at least every 2-3 months to keep out the bad energy that might be brought or created in our home. And I love making my own!
I usually buy a lavender and sage plant from my local health food store just to keep on hand for anything ~ and it adds a nice pop of color + smell in my kitchen!
Cut a few stems from each of the plants, approximately 10 stems each, depending on their size.
- Lay the pieces down flat, layering them one row sage, one row lavender. Put all stems at the same length
- Get a piece of twine or 100% cotton string about 4x the length of your bundle - Tie a simple knot at the one end of the bundle with string
- Proceed to wrap the rest of the bundle, spiraling up towards the top of the bundle. Fold in any stray sprigs, tucking them under the string as you go.
- Once you reach the top of the bundle continue wrapping, crisscrossing the twine as you head back down toward the base. Tie the loose end to the original knot at the base of the stick. Keep the end long.
- Once your smudge stick is completely wrapped, use the excess twine to it hang upside down in a dark room (like your closet!) for about 3 weeks.
Get creative ~ I added roses for a pop of color + extra scent, you can use whatever you're most attracted to. Have fun!
Peace + petals,
Comments will be approved before showing up.