I have been celebrating Chinese New Year for the last 20 years -- it's my favorite holiday of the year! I have many family and friends who grew up or live in Asia; over the years, I've loved learning more and more about the cultural traditions surrounding it.
Much like Traditional Chinese Medicine, Chinese astrology has been around for thousands of years and incorporates the five elements. It also ties in with the practice of Feng Shui, the way that energies, time, and elements (and more) affect your space, your life, your wellness, fortune and relationships.
- What to expect in the Year of the Metal Ox & what it means to be in a yin metal year
- Each zodiac animal's compatibility with the Ox
- Personalized flower essence recommendations for each animal based on the year ahead & what kind of support they will need
- What flower essences are & how to work with the energy of flowers
- Lunar New Year rituals
LISTEN TO THIS EPISODE ON:
ITUNES GOOGLE PODCASTS SPOTIFY
For a quick snapshot of your sign, your forecast & a flower elixir to boost your good fortune, scroll until you find your Chinese animal:
AS IF THAT WASN'T FUN ENOUGH, HERE ARE SOME LUNAR NEW YEAR RITUALS:
- Clean or tidy up your house!
- During either the yang hours (11am-1pm) or rat hours (11pm-1am), open all the windows + doors to the outside for 9 minutes to bring in fresh energy of the new year.
- Do a space clearing, like a Palo Santo or Sage smudge.
- Orange represents wealth + abundance. Bring 9 fresh oranges into your house (or gift them to others!) or spritz your home with Joy Juice Mist which has sweet orange oil and Metal is the element of joy! Or bring in fresh flowers!
- In the Year of the Ox, Rat (the Ox's best friend) brings in auspicious energy. Carry around a 3-dimensional Rat around on a key chain to stay protected.
Love + 9 orange flowers,