EP 29: Finding Your Herbal Sweet Spot with Rosalee de la Forêt
In this episode, I talk with herbalist and best-selling author, Rosalee de la Forêt. She is passionate about helping people find their herbal 'sweet spot', especially when it comes to different herbs + spices for their particular body system. We dive into some of Rosalee's favorite herbs and spices, as well as how to identify the root causes of imbalance and deficiencies in our bodies.
This is yet another 'don't-wanna-miss-this' type of episode.
LISTEN to this episode on:
What you'll hear in this episode:
- Benefits of herbs + spices for digestion
- The importance of phytonutrients and how the get more in your diet
- Identifying the root causes of imbalance and deficiencies in our bodies
- Hot, cold, damp, + dry: how these symptoms can guide you to the herbs and spices that you need
- How the taste of herbs + spices can determine their energetic qualities (pungent, salty, sour, bitter, sweet)
- Pungent: warming + drying (cayenne)
- Salty: drying (nettles, rosemary)
- Bitter: stimulating (cacao, coffee)
- Sour: toning + tightening (elderberry, rose)
- Sweet: adaptogenic (ginseng)
- Finding your herbal ‘sweet spot’
MORE ABOUT ROSALEE:
Rosalee de la Forêt is an herbalist and best selling author of Alchemy of Herbs: Transforming Everyday Ingredients into Foods and Remedies that Heal. She ispassionate about helping people discover the world of herbalism and natural health. As the the Education Director for LearningHerbs she regularly teaches people how to simply and effectively explore the world of herbalism.
Connect with Rosalee:
Visit Rosalee's website!
DOWNLOAD ROSALEE'S E-BOOK FULL OF HER FAVORITE SPRING RECIPES!
CONNECT WITH KATIE:
Follow her on Instagram: @iamkatiehess @lotuswei
LinkedIn: Katie Hess
Media Kit: Katie Hess, International