Dangers of the Birth Control Pill + Your Cycle's Superpowers with Nicole Jardim
In this episode I talk with Nicole Jardim, creator of ‘Fix Your Period’. We talk about the incredible dangers of the birth control pill, how to get off of it + what to do instead.
LISTEN to this episode on:
iTunes Google Play Spotify
We talk about:
- The dangers of using the Birth Control Pill
- Symptoms of Birth Control creating imbalances: migraines, UTI’s, yeast infections, low libido, hair loss (head), hair growth (face), disturbed gut health, bloating, weight gain, tumors, brain tumor-like symptoms, vision problems
- The shocking reasons most women take the pill: birth control (40%) vs. treating symptoms like acne or painful periods (60%)!
- Understanding your body + getting to root causes of symptoms instead of the pill
- Fertility Awareness Method (tracking your ovulation days with daily BBT + cervical fluid)
- Diaphragm, condoms + the barrier method as birth control during the 7-10 day window of Daisy red light (or less, as you get to know your body’s signs)
- IUD’s: pro’s + con’s
- Rewards of getting to know your natural cycle
- The importance of true menstruation (physical purification) and ovulation (hormone production that supports + balances your body + mind/mood in countless ways)
- How long to wait to get pregnant after getting off the pill and WHY (hint: B-vitamins + mineral depletion and thyroid de-regulation)
- The importance of our natural hormones vs. synthetics
- Understanding your cycle’s superpowers + planning around it
- Why you might want to schedule important meetings + public speaking during your ovulation time
- What causes cysts + natural practices for painful periods (castor oil packs, vaginal steams, moxibustion + flooding your body with nutrients)
More about Nicole:
Nicole is a Certified Women's Health Coach and the creator of Fix Your Period, a series of programs that empower women to reclaim their hormone health using a method that combines simplicity and sass. Her incredible work has impacted the lives of hundreds of thousands of women around the world in effectively addressing a wide variety of period problems, including PMS, irregular periods, PCOS, painful periods, amenorrhea, and many more. Nicole is also the co-host of The Period Party, a top-rated podcast on iTunes - be sure to tune into that if you want to learn more about how to fix your period - and she's the creator of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition's hormone health continuing education course.
Nicole has created a complimentary quiz to help women discover the root cause of their hormonal symptoms, plus powerful steps to take to balance hormones naturally. Click here to take the quiz!
Love + flower petals,