EP #113: AGING IS BETTER THAN THE ALTERNATIVE with Kathy Nelson
In this episode, I sit down with Kathy Nelson of Kabuki Spa in San Francisco to talk about getting comfortable with aging, as well as intuitive wayfinding in business.
LISTEN to this episode on:
iTunes Google Play Spotify
We talk about:
- The balance creating a healing space as well as keeping an eye on money/business
- How Kathy weaves her intuition into the business of running a Japanese bathhouse
- Horsetail at the front door of the bathhouse and what it means
- When we wonder if we have what it takes
- How a bath, prayer and her body helped her make an important decision
- The practice of asking your body to show you the best way
- How aging is better than the alternative ; )
- What to do when you see a new wrinkle or signs of aging
- The magic of bathhouses, saunas, salt scrubs + steam rooms
- Stripping down naked in a spa and how that liberates women
Kathy's Favorite Botanical: Violet
Her words to describe the Violet flower, which also perfectly describe how she brings her gifts into the world:
Fragrant, charming + delicate.
CONNECT WITH KATHY
VISIT KABUKI SPRINGS SPA IN SAN FRANCISCO!
CONNECT WITH KATIE:
Follow her on Instagram: @iamkatiehess @lotuswei
LinkedIn: Katie Hess
Media Kit: Katie Hess, International